The 2017 Dacia Duster was showcased in Goodwood festival of Speed recently. According to various rumors, it seemed that Dacia Duster will continue to be the cheapest SUV and the rumors all true. With the newly revised model and all the new upgrades, it’s quite astonishing to have Duster marketing chief continue with such a low price.
New petrol run engine has been installed along with a lot of other standard equipment. Safety features have not been overlooked and new tweaks will make the passengers more comfortable than before.
2017 Dacia Duster – Changes in Specs
The 2017 Dacia Duster makers have brought about a lot of new refreshing changes in this new model. New gadgets and lot of changes in interior design have been made.
- Dashboard has been redressed with new plastics along with revamped infotainment system, which completes the authenticity of the whole structure.
- Use of leather upholstery on the seats will make it more comfortable for the passengers to rest on. The new headrest has been provided with the seats.
- Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity is expected to be present in this new model.
- Fog lights have been rearranged in new positions which will improve visibility for the drivers to drive safely under low light conditions.
- Divers seats are specially equipped to get readjusted according to their height.
- Interior trim pieces are covered with satin chromes.
- DAB radio is a standard feature and will be present in all trim levels.
- Headlight designs are quite refreshing. The cliché circular design has been replaced with square models.
- At both ends, the bumpers have been redesigned. It’s bolder in appearance and gives the SUV a muscular feel about it.
- 16-inch wheels have been installed which will be made out of aluminum alloy.
- Reversing camera will be present in Prestige trim level.
- Satellite navigation features is going to assist the drivers quite efficiently.
- Various driving modes are being tested at present, and new adaptive modes are expected to be added in this latest variant.
2017 Dacia Duster – Engine updates
Last year’s 2017 Duster model had two engine variants. 1.5-liter diesel run unit and 1.6-liter petrol variant. The engineers have added another powertrain choice for the driver’s convenience. A newly installed 1.2-liter three-cylinder unit will run on petrol and generate 123 hp.
With the installation of this new turbocharged unit in 2017 Dacia Duster, fuel economy values will change significantly. At 46 mpg, carbon dioxide emission is rated at 138 g/km for two-wheel drivetrain configuration. Four-wheel setup will have a reduced fuel economy value at 44 mpg and carbon dioxide emission of 145 g/km.
Price and Release Date of 2017 Dacia Duster
The Dacia Duster 2017 is going to have a starting price of $12,362. Ambiance trim is going to be priced at around $14,000 while the Ambiance Prime models are priced at $15,000. Laureate trim is going to have a price tag of $16,000. Above all the other trims, Prestige would be priced at $17,500-$18,000.
Stay tuned for the latest update on the release date of 2017 Dacia Duster. It will definitely release by the end of 2016 if no further spec upgrades are required.