South Korean automobile giant is all set to roll out its new 2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe to compete against the likes of Ford Escape, Chevrolet Equinox, Toyota RAV4, Jeep Compass, Nissan Rogue, Volkswagen Tiguan and Acura RDX. With a host of new features and sporting a classy look, this SUV looks to dominate the market.
2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe – Fresh New Look Promised
The 2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe has got a refreshed look with remodeled LED headlights and bumpers. The car comes with third-row seats at the back which can be folded to provide extra cargo space. It will also feature plastic skid plates, optional roof racks, dual mufflers and 18-19 inches alloy wheels.
The dashboard will house a larger TFT LCD screen synced with the infotainment system. Drivers will have access to the multi-purpose steering wheel, smart tailgate, and ventilation systems.
The car also has hands-free smart Liftgate with automatic open features. Front seats will be 6-way powered and will come with smart heating technology. The third row will have USB outlets. The car will also have dual power mirrors with turn signal indicators, high beam assists and dynamic bending lights. Headlights are installed with High-Intensity Discharge features.
What makes the vehicle stand out?
The 2017 Grand Santa Fe will come with
- Resilient storm edge concept of commanding presence and fluidic sculpture design.
- Optimized 360-degree view camera which provides all around view monitoring system. The feature also enables automatic braking in blind spot areas.
- Flexible seating arrangement. This car offers to seat for 6, but legroom at the back is little tight if elders wish to accommodate there. A unique feature of isolated seat configuration has been provided.
- European AVN 4.0 premium quality sound system.
How safe is the new 2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe?
Hyundai has made no compromise on safety and has equipped the car with:
- Lane change assists in alerting the driver.
- Rear cross traffic alert system.
- Blind spot detection technology.
- Electronic parking brakes with the pedestrian detection system.
- Adaptive cruise control with keyless start/stop features.
- Rear parking sensors with rear view
2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe – Modification under the Hood
The Hyundai Grand Santa Fe 2017 will be equipped with a 2.4-liter inline four-cylinder engine with 190 hp output power capability and 266 lb-ft torque capability. Higher end models will receive a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that can generate 264 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque. Both the engines will be paired with six-speed automatic transmission.
Fuel efficiency is being claimed to be rated at 19 mpg, combined. Speculations are being made about the introduction of a nine-speed automatic transmission for its upcoming V6 powered vehicle.
2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe – Expected Date of Arrival and Price
The 2017 Hyundai Grand Santa Fe will be launched in the market in four trims and will have different price tags:
- SE – base price will be around $30,800 and will go up to $32,550.
- Limited – will range in $34,950 to $36,700.
- SE Ultimate – will be set to $38,700. Higher end model will cost $40,450.
- Limited Ultimate – will be set in between $39,400 to $41,150.